legal: company / jurisdication #8
question is whether to
- do business as Root Systems Ltd
- incorporate a new company in the US (under my name)
What criteria are you using for this? Eg
- ease of set up (RS would be easy)
- location (US for some reason?)
- security from being forced to disclose data (I mean as it’s all encrypted I’m not sure if this is an issue - but maybe there is meta data that could be forced to hand over), if so maybe Switzerland. I notice that’s where proton mail setup.
I mean as it’s all encrypted I’m not sure if this is an issue
uh, at the moment Scuttlebutt is more a public record, only private messages are encrypted and they are still "on the record" (connected to everything else on the record).
Oh right - so you don’t need a key to decrypt the record? That seems like a basic misunderstanding I have had of how ssb works.
In that case I’d say in the long run the jurisdiction of the service company for peach cloud should be in a location that has strong data protection laws/leanings.
For now it’s what ever is easiest for you.
well, is Root Systems keen to do business as PeachCloud?
@ahdinosaur you are Root Systems as much as any of us - if you want to use the company as shell for now in the same way as Tapin and TTB have I think you have the agency/mandate to to decide this. The only considerations I will want to check are operational risks and is insurance coverage needed.
If the question is more "does Root Systems want to pickup and run the businesses of peachclound - that will need a broader conversation on rolls and responsibilities. We could have this conversation at our retreat next week :)
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may exist for a short time before cleaning up, in most cases it CANNOT be undone. Continue?