Lykin Tutorial Series
lykin is a tutorial application funded by a Secure Scuttlebutt (SSB) community grant. It is intended to showcase one way in which an SSB client application can be written using the golgi client library. This tutorial series walks the reader through the creation of the lykin application.
- Part 1: Sbot and Web Server
- Part 2: Subscription Form and Key Validation
- Part 3: Database and Follows
- Part 4: Posts and Message Streams
- Part 5: Task Loop
- Part 6: UI Layout and Peers List
- Part 7: Latest Posts and Names
- Part 8: Post List and Post Content
- Part 9: Read, Unread and Delete
- Part 10: Extension Ideas and Conclusion
I am grateful to the Butts who voted to fund this work, all contributors to the SSBC and Erick Lavoie (
@IgYpd+tCtXnlE2tYX/8rR2AGt+P8svC98WH3MdYAa8Y=.ed25519) in particular - both for partially funding this work and for developing and overseeing the community grant process.
A big thank you to Daan Wynen (aka. black-puppydog) for providing feedback and fixes for code examples in this tutorial series.
If you wish to support my work on the Rust Scuttlebutt ecosystem, please consider contributing to my Liberapay account.
Contributions to the Secure Scuttlebutt Consortium OpenCollective are also encouraged.
This tutorial series is shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license, while all code is licensed as MIT.